Waco Under 40 celebrates dynamic young leaders under the age of 40, from McLennan County. The Waco Under 40 Celebration, with presenting sponsor Bird-Kultgen Ford, is a rare opportunity for the best and brightest from a diverse group of professions to gather and receive much-deserved recognition.
Waco Under 40's mission:
- Engage the community in identifying the local leaders under the age of 40 and encourage young citizens of Waco to step up and become the future leaders Waco needs.
- Create an atmosphere that will foster and encourage mentor/mentee relations and spread awareness about the importance of investing in the next generation of leaders.
Nominees represent not only the young leaders who demonstrate a tremendous positive impact in their respective industries, but who also go beyond the call of duty by volunteering their personal time to give back to the community and strive to make Waco a better place to live.
The 2022 Waco Under 40 Celebration will be held Thursday, November 3 at Bird Kultgen Ford from 5-7 p.m. There is no cost to attend the Celebration!
Nominations for 2022 are closed.
Each spring, nominations open for potential candidates. After the nomination period closes, all nominees will be contacted by a member of the Greater Waco Chamber’s special events team to complete an application. Once completed applications have been collected, The Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce will form a Review and Recommendation Committee comprised of community leaders to review the nominations and make recommendations regarding the individuals they believe should receive recognition as honorees. The Review and Recommendation Committee will submit its recommendations to the Executive Committee of the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors for consideration and action.
Each nominee’s application and supporting materials will be scored on their leadership in their industry, as well as their leadership and impact in the greater Waco community.
- Nomination guidelines:
- Nominees may not be self-nominated
- Nominees must be under the age of 40 at the time of the celebration (November 3, 2022)
- Nominees must work in McLennan County
- Nominees are committed to professional excellence and improving the community
- Nominees will be evaluated using these criteria:
- Career Achievement
- Community Service
- Involvement, Innovation and Leadership