Thank you for your interest in joining the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce's professional team.
The Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce is seeking a creative, energetic individual to serve as its Director of Signature Events. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, executing and continually improving the organization’s current portfolio of outstanding signature events, as well as the development of exciting new signature events. Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication and relationship management skills, attention to detail, the ability to develop and manage budgets, strong technology skills, and understand all aspects of major event planning.
Director of Signature Events Primary Responsibilities:
- Organization and implementation of current signature events.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with current and prospective signature event sponsors, stakeholders, committee members and volunteers.
- Manage all logistical details of signature events, including, but not limited to room set-ups, speaker management, audio/visual production, exhibit management, sponsor fulfillment, photography, transportation, etc.; oversee venue and site selection; serve as lead for on-site signature event execution; manage special activities held in conjunction with signature events; and evaluate all signature events, ensuring continual improvement.
- Develop and effectively manage signature event budgets.
- Collaborate effectively with Chamber’s professional team and committee volunteers on program development, outreach and promotion, etc.
Director of Signature Events Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in event management, business, communications, marketing or related degree.
- Four or more years of experience in major event planning preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office experience required.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to Jason Powers, email@example.com.
Greater Waco, located in McLennan County, Texas, along the Interstate 35 corridor is home to more than 14,000 companies, 241,505 people and a regional workforce of approximately 320,000. Greater Waco’s centralized location with access, to Dallas and Austin (90 miles) and Houston and San Antonio (185 miles), make it a regional center of economic activity and an ideal community for businesses and individuals.
Since 2006, Greater Waco has seen more than $1.3 billion in new capital investments and $596 million in riverfront and downtown development, making it an attractive place to live, work and play. Greater Waco is landscaped with top-rated higher educational institutions, including Baylor University, McLennan Community College, Texas State Technical College Waco, Tarleton State University in Waco and Texas Tech in Waco.