Thank you for your interest in joining the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce's professional team.
The Greater Waco Chamber is seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual with a passion for marketing and communications to join our professional team. In this role, you will gain hands-on experience in developing and executing marketing campaigns, managing social media, and contributing to the overall success of the Greater Waco Chamber’s marketing efforts.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies
- Manage and maintain a database of sponsors/advertisers for publications, including the quarterly business magazine, annual referral guide and newsletters
- Coordinate content for quarterly business magazine, including proofreading submitted articles and advertisements
- Assist with content management on all Chamber websites
- Support the creation of high-quality, creative marketing materials, including website content, social media content, email campaigns, etc.
- Support communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide support for events, including photos, press releases and on-site social media support as needed
- Manage and prioritize workflow in a fast-paced professional work environment
- Utilize various analytical tools to track performance of website, social media and campaigns and use this data to inform strategies and make recommendations for improvements
- Stay up-to-date on the latest marketing and communications trends and technologies
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Communications or a related field and one to three years related experience in Marketing and Communications; 5+ years of related field experience.
- Proficiency with a variety of programs including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, significant social media platforms and other programs as needed
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of techniques and trends in marketing, mass communications and media relations
- Ability to move at a fast pace and pivot as changes take place
- Ability to develop working relationships with individuals within and outside the organization
This job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Communications
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Gabriella Colurciello: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greater Waco, located in McLennan County, Texas, along the Interstate 35 corridor is home to more than 14,000 companies, 241,505 people and a regional workforce of approximately 320,000. Greater Waco’s centralized location with access, to Dallas and Austin (90 miles) and Houston and San Antonio (185 miles), make it a regional center of economic activity and an ideal community for businesses and individuals.
Since 2006, Greater Waco has seen more than $1.3 billion in new capital investments and $596 million in riverfront and downtown development, making it an attractive place to live, work and play. Greater Waco is landscaped with top-rated higher educational institutions, including Baylor University, McLennan Community College, Texas State Technical College Waco, Tarleton State University in Waco and Texas Tech in Waco.