Thank you for your interest in joining the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce's professional team.
The Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce is seeking a creative, energetic individual to serve as its Resource Development Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, executing and continually improving the organization’s current membership strategic plan. Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication and relationship management skills, attention to detail, strong technology skills, and understand all aspects of membership retention and recruiting. The candidate should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly.
Resource Development Manager Primary Responsibilities:
- Retention of current membership
- Generating new membership
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with current and prospective sponsors, stakeholders, committee members and volunteers
- Collaborate effectively with Chamber’s professional team and committee volunteers on program development, outreach and promotion, etc.
- Ability to work within a team structure to promote and grow the organization.
- Coordinate, manage and promote monthly events such as: Networking Forum, Business After Hours, New Member Training and other Chamber related events as needed.
- Lead, motivate and grow the Ambassador Committee to assist with membership recruitment and retention, organize and schedule ribbon cuttings and grand opening events.
- Assist with the Chamber’s annual Total Resource Campaign
- Manage the Chamber’s ‘Member’s Only’ Facebook page
Resource Development Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years of experience in sales, business development, account management and/or marketing.
- Excellent computer skills, especially typing and Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities in a high-energy environment.
Please submit resume to Jason Powers, Vice President of Finance and Operations email@example.com. (254)757-5608.
Greater Waco, located in McLennan County, Texas, along the Interstate 35 corridor is home to more than 14,000 companies, 241,505 people and a regional workforce of approximately 320,000. Greater Waco’s centralized location with access, to Dallas and Austin (90 miles) and Houston and San Antonio (185 miles), make it a regional center of economic activity and an ideal community for businesses and individuals.
Since 2006, Greater Waco has seen more than $1.3 billion in new capital investments and $596 million in riverfront and downtown development, making it an attractive place to live, work and play. Greater Waco is landscaped with top-rated higher educational institutions, including Baylor University, McLennan Community College, Texas State Technical College Waco, Tarleton State University in Waco and Texas Tech in Waco.