Campustown Connect allows college students from local campuses to connect in exciting initiatives and new opportunities that showcase the Waco community as a place to stay after college. Waco is a place where one can begin a career, start a family, and engage throughout the city to make a difference. Through Campustown Connect, students will build relationships with city leaders and young professionals, learn about the Waco economy, experience its budding art and entrepreneurial culture, and celebrate the new and exciting developments coming down the road. At the end of six weeks, students will have gained insight on how to engage with building this city, expanded their network, and fall a little bit more in love with Waco.
Application & Selection Process
- Application Deadline: 5 p.m. on Friday, March 13 (If space is available, applications submitted after the deadline may be considered.)
- Applicants who plan to miss more than two events will not be considered.
- Selection Process: Applications will be viewed by a selection committee and applicants will be notified of the committee's decision by March 18.
- Must be enrolled at a higher education facility as of February 1 of the current year
- Must be actively interested in an internship or job in Waco, TX for the upcoming summer or fall season
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Completed application form
- Headshot or quality photo to be used for marketing purposes.
Campustown Connect Schedule - Spring 2020
Dates subject to change
- Week 1 - Orientation: Tuesday, March 24 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Week 2 - History & Arts: Tuesday, March 31 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Week 3 - Government Day: Tuesday, April 7 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Week 4 - Nonprofits: Tuesday, April 14 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Week 5 - Economic Development & Entrepreneurship: Thursday, April 23 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Week 6 - Graduation & Next Steps: Tuesday, April 28 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.