Small Business Membership
Small Business membership is designed for businesses on the rise and ready to leverage its Chamber membership for business start-up, growth and development. Small Business members receive a number of tools and opportunities to help take their company to the next level of success. The Greater Waco Chamber is a key resource for small businesses, offering networking and promotional opportunities, along with development and member services. Small Business membership fees are based on the size of the company in terms of the number of full time, or equivalent to full time employees, from one employee to 69. This also includes non-profit organizations.
Access to Information
Want to know what is happening in your community and what issues affect you and your organization? The Greater Waco Chamber is the ideal resource to gain insight on business growth, expansion, downtown progress, public policy, education/workforce, quality of life, professional development, networking opportunities and member privileges. You will also be listed and have access to:
- Waco Community & Referral Guide
- Waco Chamber & Business Quarterly
- Weekly Chamber e-newsletter
- Calendar of Events
Members can also contact the Greater Waco Chamber staff for customized reports, data, statistics or for assistance with member-to-member introductions. A membership mailing list is also available for purchase for your own distribution. Additionally, employees can also be listed in the Chamber’s membership database and will receive communications from the Chamber via email.
Professional Development & Engagement
Connect with other business leaders through more than 150 events throughout the year, countless involvement opportunities and a number of free educational forums, plus various sporting and special events. Below are the most popular and well attended events:
- Waco Young Professionals Group
- Leadership Waco
- Teen Leadership Waco
- Sporting & Special Events: Chamber Annual Golf Classic, Starburst Junior Golf Classic, UIL Playoffs, Mid-Tex Farm & Ranch, TriWaco, Sports Series Luncheons
- Annual Events: Annual Banquet, Mid-Year Luncheon, State of the City/County, Great Cities Luncheon, Freedom Ball
- Monthly Events: Networking Forum, Business after Hours, Leadership Topic Luncheons, Small Business Seminars, Hour Economy, 1,000 Friends of Waco, Technology Business Briefings
- Expos: Schmooza Palooza, Work in Waco
- Alliance Groups: Aviation, Health Care, Supply Chain
- And more!
All members receive a sticker decal to proudly display our community partnership. Members also receive preferred referrals/leads as people call, email or stop by the Chamber Building requesting information. All new members are listed in the monthly addition of the Waco Today, the Business Quarterly, and the e-weekly newsletter. You will also be listed and have access to:
- Waco Community and Referral Guide
- Ribbon Cutting event: We show up with everything you need! Our Ambassadors, the gold scissors, the camera and the shiny, red ribbon. You will receive a complementary wall plaque and the photos are published on our website, Waco Chamber & Business Quarterly magazine and our social media sites.
- Increased exposure through online directory listings, which includes a free map displaying your address and directions to your business, direct link to company website/social media and five key words to boost company’s search presence. This is a great tool to maximize your exposure by adding more than one category.
The Greater Waco Chamber and a large group of dedicated volunteers work tirelessly to monitor key business and community issues that have a direct impact on your business. This is what we call the Synergistic effect: day in and day out, members cannot always leave their businesses to recruit and grow the community. Members support these endeavors that make things happen from which we all benefit.
- The Greater Waco Chamber advocates for pro-business legislation at local, state and federal levels of government.
- The Greater Waco Chamber monitors issues, advocates for those affecting the region’s business community and quality of life and reports back to membership on a regular basis.
Marketing & Sponsorships
The Chamber’s publicity, community recognition and marketing exposure creates opportunities for member businesses to engage in outreach efforts to more than 1,500 chamber members and hundreds of community business leaders. By adding the Greater Waco Chamber to an overall marketing strategy, members can build relationships with targets within the chamber and around central Texas.
Additionally, sponsorship is vital to sustaining and enhancing the Chamber’s programs and is a noticeable way to promote and market your organization throughout McLennan County and the greater business community. All Member businesses can take advantage of Marketing/Sponsorship Opportunities, which are available on a first come, first served basis.
Access to Savings
Want to save money around town, just for being a Greater Waco Chamber member? Consider these additional perks:
- The Chamber XChange program is an exclusive member-to-member discount program offered to members and their employees. A white key tag with our logo and proud sponsor is provided to each company member to distribute to all employees. You can also offer your own discount or incentive to fellow members. For a current list, click here.
- Additionally, our members have the ability to rent the Chamber’s various conference rooms, and your membership investment may be up to 95 percent tax deductible.